Responding to COVID-19: How to be a Good Neighbor
We are connected in many ways, and know our very lives depend on one another. As we face the realities of the pandemic – loss of normalcy, loneliness, job loss and financial loss, illness, we turn to our faith and the way of Jesus again and again. We are not alone in this, and we are called to be good neighbors, sharing God’s love. While taking into consideration that Safer at Home is of utmost importance, the Mission, Outreach, and Evangelism Board offers these resources and links to connect as a good neighbor in this time.
Safer at Home
Supporting our ministry partners
- Send a card to your neighbor, a relative, a friend, or someone in the congregation. If you need the name of someone in the congregation who could use a card, please email Rev. Mollie (email@example.com)
- Call your local, state, federal representative – Thank them for their service, and ask them to advocate for the most vulnerable populations in this time – those experiencing homelessness, those who have been laid off, children, older populations.
- Jeffco Action Center – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4facac23a0f94-drive
- Community Ministries of Southwest Denver – “We can always use food donations. Specifically, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Tuna, Mac & Cheese, Rice and cereal. Financial donations are always welcome. When our website is back up and running we will post new volunteer opportunities. My direct email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to send me a note.”https://comministry-denver.org/volunteer-event-calendar/
- ReMember (Pine Ridge Reservation, Oglala Lakota people of Pine Ridge, South Dakota)
- CLOTH MASKS / FACE-COVERINGS WANTED – With confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the reservation, Re-Member is seeking large quantities of reusable/washable cloth masks & face coverings to stockpile for distribution. We will quarantine all incoming shipments before washing/drying, and bagging masks individually for distribution.
Please ship via US Postal Service to:
Re-Member – MASKS
PO Box 5054
Pine Ridge, S.D. 57770
For those young and healthy who can go out while practicing good social distancing
Quarantine may be good for reducing COVID19 spread, but it is not good for the economy. If you or someone you know needs work in the coming days, weeks, months, please go to the state employment resource directory, www.connectingcolorado.com.
Businesses needing additional employees to provide critical services to our state are posting jobs there.
We are in this together! Please be in touch with Pastor Curt or Rev. Mollie if you have a Pastoral Care need